New rules and safety measures for tourists in Chalkidiki have been introduced:
- All green markets are closed.
- Gathering of more than 9 people is forbidden (indoors and outdoors).
- No more than 4 people are allowed to sit at one table in restaurants (6 if they are family members).
- Face masks are obligatory in all closed areas, as well as outside if 2m distance is not possible.
- All shops and facilities in hospitality sector are to be closed at midnight.
These rules apply until September 31st and include Chalkidiki, as well as islands of Myconos and Poros.